25 October 2009

To Post or Not to Post

I have been pretty lackadaisical when it comes to the blog recently. I set this standard for myself just like I do in keeping a journal and when it is not met production stops. Case in point: I currently have more "unposted" blog entries than posted. Worse than that: I have deleted as many posts as I have left up for display. Why? I try to add too much detail and when too much time passes or another event occurs that I want to blog about occurs the blog just dies unposted.

Going forward, I am going to post as often as possible and on whatever is on my mind at the time. I am going to try to treat it like brainstorming and not edit or censor myself too harshly. The exercise is to write and share. I will write and share and see where it goes. I am going to commit to posting at least once per week and hope to increase the frequency as I go. I hope that quantity will improve quality as a blogger I follow has applied to her ceramics work.

I have also started reading and subscribing to a few other blogs to see what others are doing. I am being selective on those as I already cannot keep up with the the newspaper, magazine subscriptions and e-mail that I have now. If I didn't know better, I would swear that time moves faster for me than for everyone else.

I will try to talk about my observations of the world and what is going on with my family. I will talk about politics and the economy and other mundane but prescient topics. For example: While waiting for Sunday Night Football, Ana has us watching Amazing Race and multiple groups of Americans just showed that they cannot do long division on national television to figure a conversion rate on gold. Fortunately and finally, poker players and Harlem Globetrotters do know simple math. Some of those same people that cannot divide were also frustrated with quality control in the hookah construction market. If you step back from yourself and observe the world objectively, it is not hard to see why the rest of the world is not as impressed with us as we are with ourselves.

On that note, I will wrap up this post and promise to write soon. Assuming of course that I don't delete this before your read it. Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment